Monday, February 27, 2012

Freedom In Worship

Celebration Sunday!

Today is the first Sunday in Lent. We visited another church because we had friends leading worship at our "home-away-from-our-home-church". Working in ministry that isn't necessarily church-specific, our family has had the opportunity to meet a lot of people who do ministry in other areas. Occasionally, we are able to go and visit with friends who are preaching or leading in worship. While I love our church and believe God has brought us here for a purpose, I truly enjoy these times when we can go and worship in other places. I find it refreshing because I don't have to worry about the work aspect of what goes into the worship experience. It just gets to be me and Jesus (that is, once I turn my work brain off).

The church we were at today is a church that meets outdoors. They minister to the homeless community in the area. It was a beautiful day to be outdoors worshiping the Lord. There was something so freeing about worship outdoors in the sun with the wind in your face. There was no filter from what was happening all around us - sirens, people walking by - nothing. You would think it would be distracting, but really it made me focus even more on the Lord. The music was terrific, and I loved the fact that the pastor was willing to get up and say that he could see the Holy Spirit moving and that we would just keep on worshiping.

It was a deeply spiritual and amazing worship experience. I saw Jesus in the most awesome way. It was a moment that all I could do was fall on my face to honor Him.

"Shout for joy to God, all the earth! Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious." - Psalm 66:1-2

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment