Friday, February 24, 2012

Return Policy

Day Two - 

In my last post, I alluded to the idea that what I was giving up for Lent this year was not tangible. Today I'm really wishing I had given up chocolate or television, because I'm certain that would have been much easier. Truth be told, it would have been too easy. That's the thing about sacrifice. It's not supposed to be easy. It's not necessarily supposed to make sense either. Sacrifice isn't a calculated risk where you weigh all the angles before stepping into it. It's not risk versus reward. Many times it's the response to the prompting of something outside of ourselves. Sacrifice is giving something of yourself over and saying, 'Not my will but your will be done. I don't know where this is going but I trust you're going to take me there'. And in the process maybe we realize it wasn't even ours to begin with. We're just giving it back to the One who gave it to us in the first place. 

"Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples an:d said: 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." - Mark 8:34

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment