Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Holy Lives

Day Six -

The thought of holiness has been on my mind a lot lately. A friend recently brought up the concept of holiness and striving to live a holy life. Oddly enough, I really had not ever given the idea of holiness much thought. Yes, I attempt to live life following the tenets of Christ, but I suppose I never thought of myself as living a holy life. I  thought of holiness as something unattainable. On some level it is unattainable. Under my own power, I surely cannot be holy. However, with Christ in me, I can strive to live a holy life. In fact, he calls us as his followers to do just that (1 Peter 1:15-16).

Since the visit with my friend, verses about holiness and holy living have come across my studies. I'm sure they will pop up from time to time during this 40-day journey.

"It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption." - 1 Corinthians 1:30

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment