Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hearts

Day Seven -

Today I was blessed to have the opportunity to lead the ladies Bible study group that I am a part of. This is a great group of ladies who support and challenge me on so many levels. I am so thankful the Lord has blessed me with their friendship.

I wanted to do something out of the norm, so we painted! Since it is the season of Lent, I wanted the ladies (and myself) to have a tangible reminder of our journey during this 40 days. I thought that a painting might be just that. My inspiration was the verse Psalm 51:10 - "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit in me." This passage from the book Altar'd by Jennifer Kennedy Dean also inspired me:
"God is about recreating. He doesn't just change you, He remakes you. The In-the-Beginning God is still the same Creator He has always been. He creates the same way. He brings form out of formlessness. He brings light out of darkness. He brings order out of chaos. He brings beauty out of ashes and fills up the empty places." 


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment