Sunday, March 11, 2012

Coming Into the Light

Celebration Sunday - 

You can't know light until you've known darkness. One without the other makes no sense. You can't know what Christ in your life means until you realize how much you truly need him. Sure, you can follow his teachings;  which would make you a "good" person, but until you let him change your heart and fully believe that you cannot live without him in your life, you won't know anything more than what a good person he was. 

I feel this struggle going on within me. I'm feeling like an exile - traveling through and realizing that everything is not as it seems. I want to press in to the Lord, to feel his presence so deeply in my life. I want to worship him with every ounce of my being. I want to lay myself bare before him, and know that he will still love me. I don't have time to go through the motions anymore. I don't want the facade. I want the depth. So for now I feel like a wanderer, coming out of the darkness into the light. When light overcomes the darkness, you see things from a new perspective. Life takes a new shape. 

This week, prayer has been more real to me. Being able to tell God, "I don't know how to this. I need you direct me," is so freeing. And knowing that he will be faithful is even more liberating.

"Who among you fears the Lord and obeys the word of his servant? Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God." - Isaiah 50:10

Blessings! 


No comments:

Post a Comment