Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Only God Can Work That Way

Day Eighteen -

I have found myself saying, "Only God can work that way" a lot lately. It's so true. The things that he does to turn people's lives around or how he uses the last person you could possibly imagine to do the most extraordinary things is something that only he could do. I think that gets forgotten in modern Christianity sometimes. We don't talk enough about what God is doing in the lives of the average person. Even we chalk things up to coincidence. The power of our witness and testimony gets lost in the shuffle of church life. Is it because we're afraid of how God works or that we don't believe God works that way anymore? Does it not fit into the traditional or contemporary worship model? Is testimony of the people too unscripted, something clergy can't control? Would we rather hear the testimony of a famous person than the person sitting next to us in the pews? Is that all that rates as an extraordinary move of God?

I'm not trying to be cynical. I've just been thinking about how much I enjoy hearing people's testimonies. I find it encouraging to hear how God is/has moved in their lives. It gets me thinking about my own life and how God has brought me to the point that I am in my life. I sure know I couldn't have gotten here without his help and the prayers of some very faithful people. I'm thankful he answered those prayers...because only God can work that way.

"And he did not permit him but said to him, "Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." Mark 5:19 (ESV)

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment