Friday, March 2, 2012

I Had a Dream

Day Eight -

My journey for Lent actually began a few weeks before while I was preparing to teach at a ladies retreat. The preparation began with a dream and a verse. Yes, that's right, a dream. I think sometimes God has to speak to me in the middle of the night because it's the only time I slow down enough for him to get my attention. It's sad, but true - that's a commentary for another time, though.

Where I am going with this? I'm in a season of my life where I am reevaluating many things. I'm one to pack my schedule full of activities. That's all well and good, unless I'm too busy to really focus and appreciate what is right in front of me. I feel the Lord leading me deeper into him, and I feel like I am gaining a deeper understanding of what my purpose is really shaping up to be. All of this time I was filling my time with so much stuff, wondering what God's purpose for me really was. I'm thankful that He didn't give me what I asked for too early because I know myself. I would have been completely overwhelmed. Now I can stand back and see how the Lord is bringing it all together. Sometimes you just need a little rest from the craziness of life to understand it all.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment